Tuesday, June 14, 2011

When it rains...

Because we're stopped at the house of one of my favourite Scrabble partners, she and I have spent a lot of our time having a marathon.

I've come to the conclusion that when you get lousy letters (all vowels, all one-pointers), they often seem to come in streaks.

That was the case when I played U-R-I-N-E, although at least I got to lay it on a triple score, which helped. But when I pulled my next tray of tiles, there were the same darn five letters. Good thing the million dollars a game we play for isn't something either of us will ever collect, even if there really is such a place as the Last Chance Saloon.

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

Dang. I forgot I owe you a couple million dollars!

hg said...

Heh, heh. Do you think I could ever let you forget that?! You're just lucky your credit's so darn good.