Tuesday, March 08, 2011

100 years


Apparently, that's the anniversary we're celebrating this International Women's Day.

I'm prompted to write because I just saw a story element on tv that made me think of myself. A woman is remarking at the tragedy of a young woman (unmarried) having a baby, having that mean she'll not get a degree.

But that was my story: having a baby, then another (!) and then deciding, as a single parent, to go back to school. Couldn't have done it without the example (going back to school at 50) of an important woman in my life, my mother, Carole.

2 comments:

Jevon said...

You are my role models, my inspiration. I love you both, and always will.

hg said...

I thank you, and on behalf of Gramma, thank you for her as well. I know she would be just as proud of you as I am.