Sunday, February 09, 2014

Too many questions

...not enough answers.

Too often, my head is full of what-if's and how-come's. There've been so many lately, I haven't been able to bring myself to write a simple post.

We've had such a string of sunny days lately, I've wondered why we don't see ads for solar power set-ups. Why there don't seem to be any subsidies to encourage us to go in that direction. Why, when we know that oil is a finite resource, we aren't at least starting to explore other options.

I've also noticed that for the duration of the Olympics, the CBC isn't permitted to offer podcasts of the news. Oh, I know it all has to do with the sweeping corporate powers protecting all things Olympic (I probably wasn't even supposed to type that word without previous clearance). Still, I wonder what the next corporate power will be that is able to enact similar restrictions, especially where changes to our Elections Act appear to take so much power away from the body that's always been there to protect voters.

And now, my questions are more difficult. A very dear friend has informed me that she has cancer. The word I can't get out of my head is the one she used, inoperable. So the thousand-and-one questions that are in my head today are ones that truly don't have any answers.

No comments: