Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Okay, enough of this winter thing!


This little snow guy seemed to be waving as I walked by, as if saying one final Hurrah for the Olympics and Team Canada.

You can trust me, I wasn't cheering when I woke up to this surprise dump of snow. Barely the previous day, I'd been cursing myself for not having my camera along -- so many hellebores and crocuses were showing their pretty little faces.

This morning has restored my faith -- not only in the beauty of nature's many faces (even snow), but also in reminding me that spring truly is on the way.

It's not all that easy to see, but towards the end of this little video, you'll see what looks like a glittery sprinkling of fresh snow. Only, that's not what it is. It's a tiny little avalanche falling down from the branches of the cedary forest that is our front yard. Frozen confetti, celebrating the end of winter.





No comments: