Monday, September 11, 2006

This is news??

I feel like I'm having a bad case of deja-vu.

There's a news story about a different sort of hybrid vehicle: a plane with wings that fold upward so it can be driven like a car. Or, to look at it another way, it's a car that looks something like an old Bricklin, but those weird doors fold down to become functioning wings so you can fly it.

I am positive I saw the identical invention (except it was red or blue, not industrial grey) on the cover of Popular Mechanics about a gazillion years ago.

Here's something I think is easily more newsworthy for this day. Sixty years ago today (gasp!) my parents got married. Too bad my dad's not around to celebrate it with my mother. Still, it sounds like a good excuse for any of us to lift a toast to them.

No comments: