Friday, July 27, 2007

On Hornby time


Again. We're lucky enough to make this visit almost every year. As you can see from the shot of the pasture, we get to pitch our tent in a pretty idyllic spot. Not a bad view, eh.

This year, I spent waaay too much of my Hornby time reading -- what else, the last installment of Harry Potter.

Hornby Island's a place where even I like to shop. This is saying a lot because I'm a person who usually hates shopping. My favourite store there? The one at the Recycling Depot, where they have a whole lot of everything. And the price is definitely right -- all of it's free.

Of course, there's more to a stay on Hornby than just reading and shopping. No day would be complete without a stroll down to Ford Cove for one of those patented West Coast sunsets.

No comments: