Friday, May 12, 2006

I'm having a problem with "no problem."

Maybe I'm a person who says "thank you" too much. Maybe that's the reason I keep hearing "no problem." Whatever, what it comes down to is I'd like to hear a "you're welcome."

Or even nicer, the phrase I got spoiled to in Australia, the always-so-gracious sounding, "my pleasure." Wow, as if the person who'd done me the favour might have actually enjoyed doing so.

I'm not counting on anyone to start saying "my pleasure," but gosh, I'd be thrilled to get something but a mumbled "no problem" -- a phrase that usually makes it sound as if it is a problem.

And if you've been feeling this too and would maybe like to thank me, I'll say it in advance, "you're very welcome."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see what you mean. What's worse than 'no problem'? "No problemo!" Anyway, from now on, I will think about my response when someone thanks me.