Thursday, April 30, 2020

Is there a poem that fits into your pocket?

Today, the last day of National Poetry Month, is also Poem in Your Pocket Day in Canada and in the US. Other years, there've been celebrations where I've distributed poems -- either folded, origami-style, or rolled into little 'diplomas' -- and shared them.

This year, I'm needing to post a photo of a basket full of poems that was part of a display at my local library a couple of years back. They're always good at celebrating holidays, especially literary ones. It's awkward having them be closed for this long (and longer yet, I am sure it will be).

Still, I'm able to find plenty to read, especially books of poetry. I hope you can find poems to read too.

If you can't, you might want to think about signing up for one of the services that will email you a poem every day. My favourite is the one from the League of Canadian Poets, called Poetry Pause, where there's always something new. If you'd like to subscribe, here's a link that will let you do exactly that.


2 comments:

Janet Vickers said...

You know I keep all your little cards and books - they are precious.

hg said...

They can't be any more precious than the beautiful chapbook you and your press did for me. I remember what fun it was, stamping yellow A's on each cover as they were piled high in your dining room!