Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Morning star

It's taken me a few days to get around to writing this. The photo is from Sunday morning, a bright Ontario sky.

The last time I saw this kind of configuration in the sky was November 2008, the morning after my mother had died.

This time, it was the morning after the visitation and memorial service for my dear brother-in-law, Tom.

We were blessed to know him, to witness his many talents, and to laugh with him. As for that morning star, I guess it was really a mourning star.


3 comments:

Janet Vickers said...

So sorry for your loss George, Heidi, and the family.

Susan Gorris said...

What a skylight phenomenon, Heidi. The Universe knows. So glad to hear that you and George are together through all of this. Learning that Tom was not even 60 yet is triple tragic. And what a neat guy ! I read his business and Facebook page. Pretty fine looking also and please forgive my gross moment of superficiality. Hugs to both of you. Perhaps when you both come home, I can offer you a meal and a toast for Tom. In the meantime if you need any house-checking, water-the plants doing, pick up the mail detail, ertc, please let me help.

Much love to you both, Susan (and Santo, too...he was very sad hearing the news)

hg said...

Thank you for your very kind comments. Tom was loved by many, and we feel that way too. So grateful for such great friends. xoxo