Saturday, August 22, 2020

Berry hopeful

That's how I've been feeling this week, even on those days when it rained. This has much to do with the fact that I spent at least two of those rainy evenings watching the Democratic Convention from the US. Wow, some speakers!

And because I am, in addition to being hopeful, feeling pretty lazy, the link above not only tells you about the event, but provides links to excerpts from some of those outstanding speeches (see especially those by Michelle and Barack Obama). 

Besides, I've just spent nearly an hour picking some of those wonderful blackberries -- now at their peak of sweet ripeness -- so I reckon I now need to do something with them. Maybe even make a pie to keep in the freezer for a wintry day when we need a shot of summer, even if it's only a taste of it. 

2 comments:

Janet Vickers said...

We have a few blackberries here but tiny little worms inhabit them so I am not keen on eating their little homes. Heard a couple of good speeches on cbc news from Joe and Kamela but did not follow much else. Very happy that we had rain though.

hg said...

Ah, on an island like yours, where water is all-important (and often low in supply) I can definitely appreciate the idea of rain inspiring hope. We find it wherever we can; it keeps us moving forward.